Ocean LNG to Supply CELSE

Ocean LNG to Supply CELSE

Qatar Petroleum (QP) declared that its affiliate Ocean LNG has signed a long-term deal of sale and purchase agreement (SPA)  to provide Brazil-based CELSE-Centrais Elétricas de Sergipe, with liquefied natural gas (LNG) from 2020. The agreement stated that the Qatari company will ship 1.3mt/y of LNG on an Ex-Ship basis to CELSE’s Porto de Sergipe power project near Aracaju, reported Al-Arabiya.

The Qatar Petroleum President and CEO, Saad Sherida al-Kaabi, said that this is Ocean LNG’s initial SPA, making it the first supplier to deliver LNG to Brazil under a long-term contract, according to Gulf Times. He added that this contract represents another step towards enhancing the company’s position as a global LNG. In return, CELSE CEO’s, Eduardo Malan, said that CELSE is proud to partner with LNG industry pioneers QP and ExxonMobil and their newly-formed Ocean LNG joint venture as its long-term fuel supplier.

The Brazilian company, CELSE,  is a joint venture between GG Power and Ebrasil. While Ocean LNG is a joint venture company owned by a QP affiliate at a 70% stake and an ExxonMobil affiliate at the remaining 30%, and has an established branch office in the Qatar Financial Centre (QFC) in Doha.


Welcome! Login in to your account

Remember me Lost your password?

Don't have account. Register

Lost Password