The Ministry of oil in Sudan signed a $70m agreement with Russia’s Gazohim Techno for liquefaction of gas produced at Neem field in the west of the country using a process known as gas-to-liquids (GTL), Sudan Tribune reported.
Under the agreement a plant will be constructed to liquefy gas with a capacity of processing 10 mcf of gas per day and convert to petroleum products such as gasoline and diesel at an estimated rate of 100m tons of fuel per year.
Sudapet will own 51% of the plant and the remaining 49% will be held by the Russian company. The project will be implemented within 18 months.
The representative of SudaPet Company, engineer Nour-Eddin Saad-Eddin signed on behalf of the ministry, whiles the director of the Russian company, has signed for the Russian party, Sudan News Agency reported according to AllAfrica.com.