Eni’s Vår Energi Awarded 10 E&P Licenses in Norway

Eni’s Vår Energi Awarded 10 E&P Licenses in Norway

Vår Energi, owned both by Eni and by HitecVision, has been awarded new ten exploration licenses in Norway offered through “Awards in Predefined Areas 2021” (APA) by the Norwegian Ministry of Petroleum and Energy, Eni announced in a press release.

Vår Energi will participate as an operator for five licenses and as a partner in the remaining five. These licenses distributed over the three main oil and gas provinces in the Norwegian Continental Shelf (NCS): North Sea: PL1043B (Op), PL1139; Norwegian Sea: PL1154 (Op), PL586B, PL091F, PL1163; Barents Sea: PL1025SB (Op), PL1168 (Op), PL229H (Op), PL1169.

According to the statement, the new exploration licenses are focused around Vår Energi key hubs, but also include high impact licenses in possible new hub areas.

It should be noted that Eni owns 69.85% share of Vår Energi while the remaining share of 30.15% is held by HitecVision . Vår Energi owns 148 licenses and produces oil and gas from 36 fields. Vår Energi’s current production stands at approximately 250,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day (boe/d).


Welcome! Login in to your account

Remember me Lost your password?

Don't have account. Register

Lost Password