EGPC, NBE Agreed on Gas Meters Installment

EGPC, NBE Agreed on Gas Meters Installment

An official source at the Egyptian General Petroleum Corporation (EGPC) stated exclusively to Egypt Oil&Gas that the company agreed with the National Bank of Egypt (NBE) on the installments for gas meters at the housing units all over the country to be paid during 1 to 7 years, especially for low and middle income families.

The source added that “the total value of gas meters installation at houses is up to EGP 5,500 for each customer. The customer bears only 30% of the cost, while the Egyptian government pays for the rest – 70% of the total value”.

He further mentioned that EGPC has made this agreement with NBE due to the current economic hardships in Egypt and to reduce the burden on the citizens, while at the same time encourage them to purchase gas meters and thus reduce  the consumption of Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG).

Dr. Mahinaz El-Baz 318 Posts

Mahinaz El Baz received her PhD degree in International Economics from Helwan University in 2022. She has +10 years of experience in journalism and economic analysis. She received the "Best Economic Article Award" in 2016 from CFA Society Egypt.

Login

Welcome! Login in to your account

Remember me Lost your password?

Don't have account. Register

Lost Password

Register