Oman Signs EPSA Agreement with Total, PTTEP

Oman Signs EPSA Agreement with Total, PTTEP

The Omani Minister of Oil and Gas, Mohammed Al Rumhi, has signed a new Exploration and Production Sharing Agreement (EPSA) with a joint-venturing consortium of Total E&P and PTTEP to explore and develop the non-associated gas resources within Block 12, according to a statement by the ministry.

The agreement stipulates that the two companies are committed to implement seismic surveys and any geophysical studies as well as drilling a number of exploratory wells.

The minister explained that block 12 occupies an approximate area of 9,546 km2 and is located in central Oman.

According to the EPSA, Total E&P is the operator of the block and holds 80% participating interest, whereas PTTEP holds the remaining 20% of the participating interest.


Welcome! Login in to your account

Remember me Lost your password?

Don't have account. Register

Lost Password