The Ministry of Finance will receive 25% of the Gas Market Regulatory Authority’s profits, while the remaining 75% will belong to the regulator, a source at the Gas Market Regulatory Authority told Al Borsa Newspaper.

The authority is currently regulating the local market to distribute natural gas accordingly. The Gas Market Regulatory Authority is observing and following up on the companies that obtained licenses for shipping, supplying and distributing gas in order to ensure that they are committed to the activities’ conditions.

The Gas Market Regulatory Authority issued around licenses for 18 private-owned and public companies to ship, supply and distribute natural gas locally, the source pointed out.