Iran has disconnected almost a quarter of its uranium-enriching centrifuges in less than a month, the UN nuclear watchdog announced last week, reported Reuters.

This would indicate that the country is racing to implement an agreement restricting its nuclear activities.

Reuters was also able to obtain a copy of a confidential report by the International Atomic Energy Agency to its Board of Governors that said Iran had moved around 4,500 centrifuges from their positions at the Fordow and Natanz enrichment sites between October 18 and November 15.

Yukiya Amano, the director general of the IAEA, was quoted by Press TV as saying that Iran has made “significant progress” over its nuclear program in the past year.

“It demonstrates that even complex and challenging issues can be tackled effectively if all parties are committed to dialog – not dialog for its own sake, but dialog aimed at achieving results,” Amano said, adding that “the sustained efforts of the IAEA, the P5+1 countries, the Security Council and, of course, Iran itself” culminated in the agreement.

He saw this as a real success for diplomacy and said that his agency would work to provide a report on his final assessment of Tehran’s atomic work by mid-December.

He insisted he would present a “factual, objective and impartial” assessment.