Saudi Aramco, Russia’s sovereign wealth fund RDIF, and Japan’s Mitsui are in talks to acquire stakes in Novatek’s Arctic LNG 2 project, sources familiar with the talks told Reuters.

“Mitsui, Saudi Aramco, and RDIF are interested in buying a stake in Arctic LNG 2, but there is also an interest from South Asia,” one of the sources said.

Currently, Novatek acquires 90% of the project’s stakes, while Total owns the remaining 10%.

Novatek is expected to offer 30% of its stakes to be owned by other investors. However, the Russian company may offer more stakes, taking into consideration it cannot acquire less than 50% to keep controlling the project.

The $25.5 billion plant will have a production capacity of around 19.8 million tons and is expected to start production in 2022-2023.

The companies size of investments in the project is not decided yet and talks continue. Aramco declined to comment.