Qatar Petroleum has won exploration rights in five offshore blocks in Argentina, Reuters reported.

The company won the exploration rights as part of two consortia.

The first consortium, for exploring three blocks, includes an ExxonMobil affiliate with a 70% stake and Qatar Petroleum with the remaining 30%.

The second one, for exploring the remaining two blocks, includes a Shell affiliate with a 60% stake and Qatar Petroleum with the remaining 40%.