As the Mediterranean Offshore Conference and Exhibition (MOC 2019) comprised a number of abstracts and presentations from international oil companies (IOCs), Osama El Bakly, Chairman of Egyptian Natural Gas Holding Company (EGAS) and Chairman of MOC 2019, took the chance to honor five of the best research papers, Al-Ahram reported.
The five outstanding research papers presented over the three days were:
– Mohamed El Araby, Dana Gas – Research paper on the protection of underground storage tanks and its applications
– Mohamed Gaber, Petrojet – Research paper on early gas production from treatment plants
– Israa Osama, Petrobel – Research paper on hydraulic fracturing optimization using programming and calibration
– Mohamed Mousa, Rasheed Company – Research paper on the implementation of engineering equipment inspection based on risk assessment
– Shahinaz Mostafa, The British University in Egypt – Research paper on strengthening tankers characterization through the use of geology and micro-structure analysis
It is worth mentioning that Edison won the Quality Award, Petrojet won the Art Content Award, and Wintershall Dea won the Design Award. The Ministry of Petroleum and Mineral Resource’s delegates were also awarded, which includes EGAS, the Egyptian General Petroleum Corporation (EGPC), Egyptian Petrochemicals Holding Company (ECHEM), and the South Valley Egyptian Petroleum Holding Company (Ganope).