Solo Oil to Drill New Well in Tanzania

Solo Oil to Drill New Well in Tanzania

UK’s Solo Oil has signed a rig contract for the drilling of the Ntorya-2 appraisal well in the Ruvuma basin, in Tanzania, Ecofin Agency reported.

The Carol 2 drilling rig, which is presently located on the Ntorya-1 well pad, will soon be mobilized to the Ntorya 2 pad, which is 1.5km away, in order for drilling to commence, according to Natural Gas World.

Solo Oil has a 25% stake in the project, with the remaining 75% held by another British firm, Aminex. The company confirmed that it remains on track to spud Ntorya-2 during the fourth quarter of 2016.

Both Solo Oil and Aminex share equity in the Ntorya-2 that well flow tested at 20mcf/d of gas and 139b barrels of condensate. Additionally, they also partnered on the producing of Kiliwani gas field further north Tanzania’s Songo Songo island.

In related news, Shell, with partners Ophir and Pavilion, confirmed it expects to start a new $100m, two-well deepwater drilling campaign on its much richer blocks 1 and 4 offshore Tanzania, with existing resources of 17tcf.


Welcome! Login in to your account

Remember me Lost your password?

Don't have account. Register

Lost Password