PETRONAS Makes New Gas Discovery in Malaysia

PETRONAS Makes New Gas Discovery in Malaysia

PETRONAS announced that it has made a new gas discovery from the Nangka-1 wildcat exploration well in Block SK417, which is in the shallow waters of Baram Province, offshore Malaysia.

Sweet gas was found in the Middle to Late Miocene Cycle VI clastic reservoirs of the well with hydrocarbon potential in the surrounding areas after it was drilled in September 2021.

The operator for Block SK417 is PTTEP HK Offshore Limited with 80% participating interest, while the remaining 20% is held by PETRONAS Carigali Sdn Bhd.

Commenting on this development, PETRONAS Senior Vice President of Malaysia Petroleum Management, Mohamed Firouz Asnan said, “the success of Nangka-1 well marks the second gas discovery within the Baram Province this year. The finding of contaminant-free gas in Nangka-1 reaffirms sweet gas opportunities within the area, and subsequently upgrades Baram clastics play.”

“This second gas find further reinvigorates the Baram Province, which is part of the established Baram Delta region, signaling potential for more discoveries in the neighboring acreages. The availability of existing facilities within the region will allow the Petroleum Arrangement Contractors (PACs) to monetize their discoveries quicker and cheaper through tie-back solutions,” Asnan added.



Welcome! Login in to your account

Remember me Lost your password?

Don't have account. Register

Lost Password