Oman’s Khazzan to Start Processing Early September

Oman’s Khazzan to Start Processing Early September

Oman is expected to start operating a plant to process gas from Khazzan gas field early September, Omani Oil and Gas Ministry’s official said, according to Reuters.

The first train has a capacity of 500mcf/d of gas. The second train has the same capacity and is expected to be online by early 2018, Undersecretary at the Omani Ministry of Oil and Gas, Salim Al Aufi, said, Zawya informed.

BP Oman is the major partner at the project with a 60% interest, while the remaining 40% is held by Oman Oil Company Exploration & Production.

In November 2016, BP stated that more than 80% of the first phase of the project is complete and remains on schedule to deliver first gas in late 2017, producing 1.0bcf/d of gas.

Aufi further disclosed that he expects prices to be stabilized within $50-$55 for more than a year and highlighted Oman’s commitment to continue to deliver on its share of the cut agreed by the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC).

Mahinaz El-Baz 317 Posts

Mahinaz El Baz received her PhD degree in International Economics from Helwan University in 2022. She has +10 years of experience in journalism and economic analysis. She received the "Best Economic Article Award" in 2016 from CFA Society Egypt.

Login

Welcome! Login in to your account

Remember me Lost your password?

Don't have account. Register

Lost Password

Register