Oman’s Khazzan Gas to Start Output by Q4 2017

Oman’s Khazzan Gas to Start Output by Q4 2017

Oman has revealed that the Khazzan Tight Gas Project is running on schedule and will commence natural gas production by the fourth quarter of 2017, Atheer reported.

The Ministry of Oil and Gas’ Undersecretary, Salim Al Aufi, said: “All wells are being drilled. Hopefully by June, we will start commissioning of the plant and in August, one of the gas processing trains will start operation and the second one will follow suit.”

Although the plan is to drill 50 wells initially to start commercial production, more than 300 wells will eventually be drilled over the lifetime of the project.

Located on a previously undeveloped desert site 350km south of Muscat, work on the Khazzan tight gas project began in 2014 and the completed development will eventually contribute roughly a third of Oman’s natural gas supply, Times of Oman informed.

 

Additionally, BP has plans in place with extensions for contributing 1.5bcf/d of gas to the Omani economy. BP Oman has a 60% interest in the Khazzan project, while the remaining 40% is held by Oman Oil Company Exploration & Production.

Mariana Somensi 890 Posts

Mariana holds a Journalism Bachelor Degree from the State University of Londrina, Brazil. The Brazilian journalist has 4 years of experience on the MENA region's affairs and over a year of experience on the oil and gas industry.

Login

Welcome! Login in to your account

Remember me Lost your password?

Don't have account. Register

Lost Password

Register