Musandam Plant to Produce Power in 2017

Musandam Plant to Produce Power in 2017

Musandam Power Company’s (MPC) gas-fired 120mw power project in Musandam, Oman will start commercial operation by early 2017, reported Trade Arabia.

Construction of the Musandam independent power project is currently in its final stages, with a team from Oman Oil Facilities Development Company, which is responsible for executing power infrastructure and related facilities, visited the site recently to review preparations for a planned trial run of the plant, according to Times of Oman.

The dual fuel plant will use natural gas as the primary fuel, with light fuel oil as a back-up resource to ensure uninterrupted power production. Electricity output will be transmitted to the existing medium voltage grid through the new 132KV transmission lines being built by the Rural Areas Electricity Company.

Under an agreement concluded with MPC, Wärtsilä, a global leader in complete lifecycle power solutions, secured a contract to design, procure and manage the construction of the project, as well as provide ongoing operation and maintenance for 5 years.

Established in 2014, MPC is a joint venture between Oman Oil Company, the Omani government’s investment arm in the energy sector, holding a 70% stake, and LG International, with the remaining 30% stake.


Welcome! Login in to your account

Remember me Lost your password?

Lost Password