Lekoil Pumped Oil from Otakikpo to Storage Tanks

Lekoil Pumped Oil from Otakikpo to Storage Tanks

Lekoil in its operational update, announced that oil is flowing at the Otakikpo marginal field in Nigeria to onshore storage tanks, where it will later be transferred upon completion of the offshore pipeline, Ecofin Agency informed.

Lekoil further said that all onshore facilities have been fully commissioned and signed off by the regulators. Additionally, the offshore pipeline leading from the storage tanks to the tanker offloading manifold is 80% complete, Offshore Energy Today reported.

Upon completion of the pipeline, the joint venture partners expects to start transporting to the export terminal and subsequently, be able to gradually ramp up production to 10,000b/d.

Lekoil’s CEO, Lekan Akinyanmi, said: “We’re delighted to announce this key milestone from the Otakikpo field. I would like to thank the entire team that has worked so hard on this project, our partners Green Energy, investors, debt financiers, our host communities and our government regulators for their continued support.”

The Otakikpo marginal field is operated by Green Energy International with 60% interest, while Lekoil is a technical and financial partner in the field with the remaining 40% interest.

Mariana Somensi 890 Posts

Mariana holds a Journalism Bachelor Degree from the State University of Londrina, Brazil. The Brazilian journalist has 4 years of experience on the MENA region's affairs and over a year of experience on the oil and gas industry.


Welcome! Login in to your account

Remember me Lost your password?

Don't have account. Register

Lost Password