Egypt to Ink Dabaa Nuclear Plant Final Contract Soon

Egypt to Ink Dabaa Nuclear Plant Final Contract Soon

The Egyptian Minister of Electricity and Renewable Energy, Mohamed Shaker, affirmed that the final binding contract for the Dabaa nuclear plant, that will remain in effect for 60 years, is to be inked soon, according to Daily News Egypt.

Shaker said that the government has contracted a global legal advisory office to review the latest version of the Russian-Egyptian deal as a misplaced comma in the contract may become disastrous.

He added that President Abdel Fattah El Sisi has personally encouraged finalizing the paperwork for the Dabaa nuclear plant.

Mena Fn wrote that constructing a nuclear plant that can produce peaceful nuclear energy and create a technical school of nuclear science are of great importance to the general energy efficiency trend of the Egyptian state.

Both Russia and Egypt have agreed to establish a nuclear plant with a capacity of 4,800 MW, which includes signing four deals for the engineering, supply, operation, and maintenance of the plant.

Russia has agreed to provide Egypt with a loan that will finance 85% of these deals and the remaining 15% will be funded by Egypt.


Welcome! Login in to your account

Remember me Lost your password?

Don't have account. Register

Lost Password