Chariot Successfully Completes Drilling Anchois Gas Project

Chariot Successfully Completes Drilling Anchois Gas Project
Offshore drilling rig

Chariot announced that it has successfully completed the drilling operations on the Anchois gas project within Lixus license in offshore Morocco, the company said in a press release.

The statement revealed that Chariot has a share of 75% besides the operatorship of the Lixus, while the remaining share of 25% is held by the Office National des Hydrocarbures et des Mines (ONHYM).

Anchois-1 original discovery well was drilled in 2009 and its operation will complete with the well in a condition to allow for potential utilization in the future development of the field.

On this occasion, Amina Benkhadra, General Director Office National des Hydrocarbures et des Mines, commented “My congratulations to Chariot and ONHYM teams for the successful Anchois drilling operations. I also would like to thank the Moroccan authorities for their support and help in achieving the drilling operations efficiently despite the Covid-19 pandemic restrictions. We look forward to working with Chariot in order to quickly progress the gas development.”

For his part, Adonis Pouroulis, Acting CEO of Chariot, commented: “I am pleased to announce the completion of our very successful Anchois gas appraisal and exploration campaign, offshore Morocco. In addition to having now two confirmed gas discovery wells, we have directly de-risked a material portfolio of prospects on the Lixus licence area.

Our ambition is to bring the Anchois gas development online as quickly as possible, to fuel Morocco’s economic growth, but also to deliver near-term cash flows to the Company.”

“We will now look to conduct further analysis on our findings, to optimise our development plan for the field, with both wells earmarked to become potential production wells, as part of an accelerated field development plan for the benefit of all stakeholders,” Pouroulis elaborated.

Login

Welcome! Login in to your account

Remember me Lost your password?

Don't have account. Register

Lost Password

Register