Towards maximizing the usage of our existing resources and increasing the Gas production to fulfill the growing domestic needs, a new development project has been launched recently by Petrobel. The project is targeting the development of both the Denise and Karawan fields in Temsah Concession located at offshore Egypt in order to add a Natural Gas production of about 210 MMScfd, with an estimated cost of $ 470 MM. The Denise field is about 70 km off the Egyptian coast, while Karawan field is about 60 km off the Egyptian coast. The Denise field is in water depth of about 100 m and Karawan field is about 68 m in depth.
The Denise field development mainly consists of the following:
- Exploitation of Denise North, Denise North West and Denise South fields by means of three subsea wells (DNW1, DS6 and DN).
- Installation of 16”/3.5Km subsea pipeline to convey DN well production from the new PLEM at DN well area to the new PLEM at the DNW1 well area.
- Subsea HIPPS at DS6, DNW1 and DN well locations are needed to protect the downstream sea lines from operational overpressure due to high static pressure of the new wells.
- Installation of 16”/4.4Km subsea pipeline to convey DN and DNW1 wells production from the new PLEM at DNW1 well area to a new PLEM at D4 well area.
- Installation of 10”/1Km subsea pipeline to convey the DS6 well production from the new PLEM at DS6 well area to the new PLEM at D4 well area.
- From D4 well area, production will be routed to existing Denise B PLEM and exported onshore via the existing 32” Pliocene sealine.
The Karawan field development mainly consists of the following:
- Exploitation of Karawan field by means of one well (KA);
- Installation of a 10”/2.5Km subsea pipeline to convey KA well production to the existing Subsea 32” Serravallian Export line (performed by means of an hot tapping operation);
- HIPPS is needed to protect the downstream 32” Serravallian sealine from operational overpressure due to high static pressure of the new well.
The topside facilities for chemical injection and Subsea Control systems will be installed on Seth Platform. The free space available on the platform is not sufficient to accommodate the new topside equipment, so a new extension will be installed to the platform deck to accommodate the new units, within a separate contract scope.
- The sealine detailed engineering was awarded to Enppi.
- Fabrication, load out & sea fastening of spools & S.S structures awarded to Petrojet.
- Sea line pipes already delivered and coating activities are in progress.
- Fax of award for the PLEM and subsea HOT tapping system material supply was issued to Tharwa Breda.
- Subsea Production system material supply awarded to CAMERON including (HIPPS, X-mas trees, control system, PLEMs and umbilical), in addition to FEED and technical assistance for Seth topside facilities upgrading and modifications.
- Seth topside facilities upgrading and modifications contract is under negotiations with the consortium (Enppi/Petrojet/Technomare).
- The overall actual progress is about 13% against 13.3% planned.
- The project is expected to start up by June 2014
By Osama El-Sayed, Projects General Manager for in vestments and JVs, EGPCDownload