Nigeria Awarded Schlumberger Multi-well Deal

Nigeria Awarded Schlumberger Multi-well Deal

Sirius Petroleum has entered into a contract for the provision of an integrated services management (ISM) with the oilfield services company Schlumberger at the Ororo field off Nigeria, Offshore Energy Today reported.

The contract is for a multi-well campaign, which will start in 2017, informed Offshore Engineer. The contract envisages a drilling program on the Ororo field and can be expanded to include other potential offshore assets.

Schlumberger will provide Sirius with a comprehensive package of managed and integrated products and services including directional drilling services, logging, completion and production fluids, cementing and pumping services, well intervention and stimulation products and services, well testing services, well site communications, as well as data and software solutions.

Sirius Petroleum’s CEO, Bobo Kuti, said: “Schlumberger’s experience, technology, and information solutions will enable us to optimize reservoir performance”

The Ororo field, discovered in 1986, lies in shallow waters offshore Ondo State in water depths ranging between 23ft and 27 ft. Guarantee Petroleum has a 55% participating equity interest in the Ororo field with Owena Oil & Gas as its partner, holding the remaining 45% interest. Sirius Petroleum acts as the technical and financing partner in the development of the Ororo field. In July, the partners gained a three-year extension from the Nigerian Federal Ministry of Petroleum Resources.

Mariana Somensi 890 Posts

Mariana holds a Journalism Bachelor Degree from the State University of Londrina, Brazil. The Brazilian journalist has 4 years of experience on the MENA region's affairs and over a year of experience on the oil and gas industry.

Login

Welcome! Login in to your account

Remember me Lost your password?

Don't have account. Register

Lost Password

Register