Heritage spuds Kurdish wildcat

Jersey-based Heritage Oil has spudded the Miran East-1 exploration well on Miran Block in the Kurdistan region of Iraq.

The well is being drilled to a target depth of 4000 metres to investigate the exploration potential  of the Cretaceous and Jurassic reservoir intervals of the Miran East structure.

“The large, undrilled Miran East structure has the potential to add significant hydrocarbon resources at all of the multiple reservoir intervals,” said Heritage chief executive Tony Buckingham.

Heritage said it expected the well to take about seven months to complete as it plans to test multiple intervals while drilling.

Heritage holds a 75% interest in the Miran Block with Genel Energy holding the remaining 25% equity in the block.

Source: Upstream Online


Welcome! Login in to your account

Remember me Lost your password?

Don't have account. Register

Lost Password