Gabon

  • PCGUSA Awards a $24 mm Contract to Maersk Drilling

    PCGUSA Awards a $24 mm Contract to Maersk Drilling

    Monday, 19th April 2021

    PC Gabon Upstream S.A. (PCGUSA), a subsidiary of PETRONAS, has awarded Maersk Drilling with a one-well contract for the provision of a deepwater drillship rig valued at $24 million.

  • BW Offshore Acquires Stake in Dussafu field, Gabon

    BW Offshore Acquires Stake in Dussafu field, Gabon

    Tuesday, 18th April 2017
    BW Energy Gabon (BWEG), a subsidiary of BW Offshore, has fully acquired the a 66.67% stake in the Dussafu production sharing contract offshore Gabon, owned by Harvest Energia and plans to increase its interest through a deal with Panoro Energy which acquires the remaining 33.33%.
  • Shell to Sell Out Gabon’s Oil Assets to Carlyle Group

    Shell to Sell Out Gabon’s Oil Assets to Carlyle Group

    Sunday, 26th March 2017
    Royal Dutch Shell Plc has agreed to sell its onshore oil assets in Gabon to a unit of Carlyle Group LP for $587m. The deal is considered a further step in a $30b asset disposal program to help the Dutch company in reducing its debt.
  • Pura Vida to Drill Offshore Gabon

    Pura Vida to Drill Offshore Gabon

    Thursday, 19th January 2017
    Pura Vida Energy has reached a conditional agreement with an offshore drilling contractor which will fund a three-well drilling program in the Nkembe block, offshore Gabon.
  • Vaalco Resumes Production at Avouma 2-H

    Vaalco Resumes Production at Avouma 2-H

    Sunday, 8th January 2017
    Vaalco Energy restarted production at the Avouma 2-H well on the Avouma platform, offshore Gabon, after utilizing a hydraulic workover unit to replace a failed electric submersible pump (ESP) system.
  • Vaalco Restored Drilling Offshore Gabon

    Vaalco Restored Drilling Offshore Gabon

    Wednesday, 28th December 2016
    Vaalco Energy has reported that the South Tchibala 2-H well, offshore Gabon, is back in production after experiencing issues with the electrical submersible pump system.
  • BWEH Acquired Stake in Dussafu offshore Gabon

    BWEH Acquired Stake in Dussafu offshore Gabon

    Tuesday, 27th December 2016
    BW Offshore and the BW Group entered into agreement to acquire 66.67% of the Dussafu production sharing contract offshore Gabon.
  • CGG’s to License Data on Gabon’s South Basin

    CGG’s to License Data on Gabon’s South Basin

    Sunday, 4th December 2016
    France’s CGG announced that the final processed depth volumes from its recent 3D BroadSeis multi-client survey in Gabon’s South Basin are now open for license.
  • VAALCO Increased Stake in Gabon’s Offshore Field

    VAALCO Increased Stake in Gabon’s Offshore Field

    Wednesday, 30th November 2016
    VAALCO Energy has finalized the acquisition of a further 3.23% participating interest in the Etame Marin Permit located offshore of the Republic of Gabon from Sojitz Etame Limited.
  • Shell to Sell Gabon Onshore Operations

    Shell to Sell Gabon Onshore Operations

    Monday, 28th November 2016
    Royal Dutch Shell is in advanced talks with a party interested in buying its onshore operations in Gabon as part of the company's $30b divestment plan.