Under the High Patronage of HE. Eng. Tarek El Molla,
Minister Of Petroleum & Mineral Resources
Moderated by: Eng. Tarek El Hadidi, CEO – EGPC
As part of our ongoing effort to tackle the various obstacles impeding the development and growth of the Egyptian Energy sector, Egypt Oil & Gas in partnership with Oil & Gas Skills (OGS) takes a great pleasure in hosting a roundtable discussion focusing on the people development in the Egyptian Oil & Gas Sector, on the 13th of December 2016 in Sky Executive Resort.
Key topics for discussion:
Competency and Development Requirements for Career Progression
- Definitions of competency requirements for specific jobs.
- Competence and expertise assessments for individuals.
- Career path within organization.
- Retention of talented staff.
- Obligations within concession agreements.
- Defining roles of IOCs and government in people development within the JV environment.
- Barriers to personnel development.
Development of Technical and Non-Technical Staff
- Traditional focus is on professional level staff – G&G, Engineering etc.
- Field operations can also benefit from improved competence. How can that be achieved?
- Developing commercial and support staff such as contracting, agreements, finance, human resources and administration.
Making In-Country Training More Effective
- The role of OGS.
- Support from international institutions.
- The role of academia in Egypt.
The Value of Communication in People Development
The Roundtable discussion involves approximately 45 minutes of discussion for every outlined topic followed by 10 minutes for feedback and concluding remarks. The moderator has great influence on the flow and direction of the debate in order to ensure equality, objectivity and timeliness. Roundtable attendees should prepare targeted questions to substantively contribute to the debate.
The roundtable will also see the participation of various managers to be attend and document the discussion between officials. The attendees will have a chance to direct questions to the participants of the roundtable for ten minutes before the concluding remarks.
Roundtable Date & Time:
The roundtable will take place on the Thursday, December 13th 2016 in Sky Executive Resort.
For registration and more information: firstname.lastname@example.org