Lundin Energy Receives Drilling Permit in the North Sea

Lundin Energy Receives Drilling Permit in the North Sea
Norwegian Petroleum Directorate building is pictured in Stavanger, Norway, August 24 2016. REUTERS/Stine Jacobsen

The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) has issued a drilling permit to Lundin Energy Norway AS for well 16/4-12, according to a press release.

The Well 16/4-12 will be drilled from the West Bollsta drilling facility after finishing its contract for the drilling of wildcat well 7219/11-1 on behalf of Aker BP in production license 533 B.

The drilling program for well 16/4-12 relates to the drilling of a wildcat well in production license 981. The well will be drilled about 1 kilometer west of the 16/4-6 S Solveig oil discovery.

Lundin Energy is the majority operator with an ownership interest of 60%. The other licensee is Aker BP 40%.

This is the first exploration well to be drilled in this license. It is worth noting that the permit is contingent on the operator securing all other permits and consents required by other authorities before drilling activity starts.


Welcome! Login in to your account

Remember me Lost your password?

Lost Password