Schlumberger announced that it has received six awards for six technologies during the 2021 World Oil Awards.
It elaborated that the 2021 World Oil Awards has recognized the upstream oil and gas industry’s leading technological innovations, during which six of its technologies from various categories were acknowledged with the prestigious recognition.
“For 20 years, the World Oil Awards have showcased the finest new technology that the upstream industry has to offer. Competition was fierce this year, as we received more than 295 nominations, from which 102 finalists emerged. This is a record number of nominations, so even being selected as a finalist is a huge achievement,” said Kurt Abraham, World Oil’s editor-in-chief and chief forecaster.
“This year’s awards are also notable in that half of the winning technologies were decided by 1/10th of a point, which speaks to the quality and level of innovation by all the submitting companies. So, it is even more remarkable that Schlumberger was able to win in multiple categories,” Abraham added.
The awards received by Schlumberger included:
- Best Completion Technology Award for its Dual-Fracturing Stimulation Service.
- Best Exploration Technology Award for its Seep Transient Testing on Wireline technology.
- Best Oilfield Fluids and Chemicals Award for its VeraTherm High-Temperature Water-Based Drilling Fluid
- Best Well Integrity Technology Award for its Dual-String Barrier Evaluation technology.
- Best Well Intervention Technology Award for its ReSOLVE iX Service Slot Cutter.
- New Horizons Idea Award for its Optiq Seismic Fiber-Optic Borehole Seismic Solution.